Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Are You Leading a Big Life?

What a great week at Mandarin Christian School. This week, we celebrate our annual missions week at MCS, in which we focus on God's work around the world. We will have the opportunity to learn about several different missions opportunities through our special chapel services this week. This morning, we were all challenged by John Heerema, President of Big Life Ministries, Inc. Big Life Ministries was born out of a challenge to live a big life for Jesus. Ephesians 4:1 encourages us to "live a life worthy of the calling we have received." The primary purpose of Big Life Ministries is to empower, equip and encourage local believers to reach their own people for Jesus Christ. Mr. Heerema shared how God is using people of all ages to share Christ in areas of the world that have never heard the message of the Gospel. It was an excellent reminder for each of us to go and make disciples of the people that we know and have contact with in our schools, our neighborhoods, our communities, and areas of influence.

Are we living lives of great big Kingdom impact, or are we going through the motions day after day with little or no impact for the Kingdom of Jesus Christ? I hope that each student and staff member and MCS family will look for ways to impact the world around them for Christ. None of us are perfect. None of us are without fault or sin. However, God still chooses to use those who will follow and obey His ways, to fulfill His purposes. It is a blessing that God allows us to be used by Him as He desires. The challenge for us is to be so closely in tune with His ways and His Word that we don't miss those incredible opportunities that He puts before us to share the eternal message of love and hope found in Jesus alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat,
I read the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren and participated in the church wide study a few years ago. After that I read Joel O'Steen's book, Your Best Life Now in a few short days.
Since then, I keep asking God each day to change me for His purposes. I say yes to things I never used to, there is more time for things I don't expect to complete, and I experience His peace through it all. Others ask me how I do it and I love the question because I get to sing God's praises in my reply (sometimes literally!)
God is showing me that if I make time for Him in prayer He will equip me for each day according to His purposes. If I stop doing that, then I'm in over my head without a doubt.

CAN DO!...all because of Him,

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear God is showing you His purposes for your life. It is truly amazing how He does equip us if we be obedient and follow where He leads.
In Christ!