A few weeks ago I mentioned some of my favorite verses in Scripture. I started with Micah 6:8, "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." As I was leading a group of high school students today in our Student Leadership Institute (SLi), I challenged them with a perspective of leadership based on this verse in Micah. SLi is based on the biblical model of leadership exemplified in Jesus' life of servant leadership. I believe that Jesus modeled Micah 6:8 in His life and leadership every day. He sought to be just and fair. He lived a life of mercy and grace. He showed the ultimate act of humility by offering His life for our sins.
I hope and pray that the leaders we train at MCS will always seek to model their leadership after Jesus. The world will continue to tell us that leadership is about power. I believe that the true power in leadership comes as we serve others.
In closing this week, I want to personally invite each of you to join us for our first graduation on Friday, May 16 at 7:00 p.m. The ceremony is being held at Christ's Church - Mandarin, located at 6045 Greenland Road, Jacksonville. It would be awesome to pack the auditorium with all of our MCS families. Please plan on coming and supporting our first group of seniors as they graduate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment