Summer has come and gone, and most of us are back into the swing of school. It is fun to see familiar faces and the excitement of a new school year. There is still the tough realization that those days of sleeping past 6:30 a.m. are gone, except for the occasional weekend when we have the luxury of a late start. Teachers, parents and students are all busy with the school day, after school activities, homework, studying, etc. and everyone is generally busy.
With a busy schedule in mind, I want to challenge us all to think of ways to serve one another and our community at large. Mandarin Christian School has a wonderful reputation of caring for others. As we begin the school year, one of my prayers is that we will be like Samuel. What does that mean exactly? Let me share. First of all, it means that we look and listen for opportunities each and every day to serve. Secondly, it means that we will go and serve when the opportunity is before us. Wouldn't it be a great testimony to God and our school, if people all over Jacksonville recognized our love of serving others?
I don't know how many times each of us will hear and respond to the call to serve. However, I do know that if we are willing to serve, God will lead us to people in need.
I Samuel 3:10 "The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."
May we all have ears attentive to the Lord's calling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pat,
Thanks for this entry.
As educators we get to act in service related ways all day long...the problem is that sometimes we get "deafened" by the cacophony of "The Noise" associated with the "job" that we can shirk our primary vocation; that being to be used by God in His service for the teaching of requisite content from a Biblical perspective in a servant hearted manner such that souls can call upon the name of the Lord and believe and be saved.
Again, thanks for this entry and for the call to servant hearted action.
Pat,
Today I learned of your new assignment, but before I could think too much into it, thankfully, God lead me to a dear, trusted, mutual friend. She always brings things into focus for me.
As for me and my house, we wish you every success in this new beginning, and knowing your thirst for God's plans, I leave you this:
Write down your plans in pencil, and hand God the eraser.....
God's plans are always best, and I'm sure this journey will affirm that as well.
Thank you for your years of service to MCS and the authenticity of your faith.
We are blessed,
The VanPelt Family
Nancy, Bob, Jake and Faith
Post a Comment