
My family recently had the privilege of attending Andrew Peterson's, Behold the Lamb of God Concert, at Christ's Church in Jacksonville, Florida. I had been so excited to see the concert and to hear Andrew, Sarah Groves, Bebo Norman and others, as they shared the message of Christmas. I came expecting to be entertained and even inspired by the excellent musicians, singers, and songwriters who join Andrew each year. Yet, as the time for the concert came, I found myself checking my watch and already thinking of the list of things I needed to do afterwards. As the night progressed, however, and the story unfolded in song, I found myself becoming more and more engaged in the actual act of worship. I recognized that my "to do list" had been clouding my thoughts. I don't know how many times that night I had to refocus, but for a few moments that night, I did pause, listen, and worship the Lamb of God, the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. I am praying that I can spend more of each day in direct relationship with God and allow Him to rule my mind, heart, and spirit and less time rushing through the day anxious about the next task to complete.
I hope that each of you will be able to experience the love of Christ, especially during the Christmas season, when so much of the world recognizes the true Christmas story of hope, life, and love - contrary to what a few people would have us believe.
John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Merry Christmas!
I hope that each of you will be able to experience the love of Christ, especially during the Christmas season, when so much of the world recognizes the true Christmas story of hope, life, and love - contrary to what a few people would have us believe.
John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
I heard that concert was particularly good. Too bad I'm nowhere near Jacksonville.
I was able to get to Nashville for the Ryman show last week, so I didn't have to completely miss out on all the good Christmas music.
Thanks for visiting. Glad you got to the Ryman show, I bet that was amazing. Hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment