Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Helping Those in Need

Last week I mentioned briefly that I will be heading to India this week with seven other adults from Christ's Church, in Jacksonville, Florida. We are partnering with the Mid-India Christian Mission, in Damoh. I've been to India several times, but this will be my first trip to Damoh and the surrounding areas of Mid-India. I am particularly excited to see the children, the school, the rehabilitation center, and meet the wonderful staff that work so faithfully to serve the Lord and others. For more information on MICM you can click http://www.midindia.com/.

Over the last three years, Christ's Church has been working with Vivek Lall to establish a refuge community called Ashram for the outcast and disabled in Damoh. The property will feature housing units, a church, school, recreation fields, crop fields, a lake that provides irrigation and resources to the community as well as fish that will both feed children and provide employment and income for the ongoing costs of Ashram.

Another large project is the School and Rehabilitation Center for the Disabled (SRCD). This school cares for and educates disabled children in a Christian environment. Mid-India is currently looking for sponsors for the children & teachers. In addition, Mid-India Christian Mission includes a Christian school, a general hospital, and eye clinic, a Bible college, a school for the blind, and a publication center. For pictures and more information on Ashram click on the following link http://ccmissions.com/ashrammidindia.

Please be in prayer for the people of India and those who are traveling on this trip. My prayer is that we will all see God move and work through the efforts of those involved in this great ministry, as we partner in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I look forward to sharing more with you when I return.

No comments: