Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Verse 8

I was challenged at church last week to make note of some of my favorite scriptures. As I was writing them down, I realized that many of them came from the 8th verse of a particular chapter. I thought I would share them with you this week, as they encouraged me through God's Word.

My life verse, Micah 6:8, "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

A great reminder of our culture war, Colossians 2:8, "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."

A tribute to Christ's love for us, Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

God's gift to us, Ephesians 2:8, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."

Light in the darkness, Ephesians 5:8, " For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light."

Rejoice in the Lord, Philippians 4:8, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice."

Jesus is the same, Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Love covers, I Peter 4:8, "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

No comments: