Tuesday, January 29, 2008

True Religion

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

I must admit that having just returned from a trip to India, and having the opportunity to spend time with the children and people that are deemed "untouchables" was truly a religious experience. To see the blind, the lame, and the deaf praise our Heavenly Father in such a joyful, happy, and real way was humbling, powerful, and wonderful. As we spent time with those that I would describe as being in tremendous need, I realized how much my spirit was in need of the same kind of joy and peace.

It was difficult to see the need. I am grateful that I have new friends in such a place. I pray that together, we will be able to help meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of these wonderful people.

I also am so grateful for what I have. I take for granted too often my family, friends, church, and Christian school and the staff that teach my children the ways of the Lord. My prayer for each of us is that we would find peace and contentment in whatever circumstance we are in, and realize how truly blessed we are to live in this great country, the United States of America.

In the weeks to come I will be sharing more specifically about the work in Mid-India. It is an amazing work of God.

In Christ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really was an awesome experience!

Pat Stuart said...

Yes it was an incredible trip. We need to fervantly pray for the persecuted churches all over the world that are sharing Christ in the face of much opposition.